Summer is coming and we want to be able to feel confident in our own skin when we are rocking those bathing suits, without feeling the need to hide our "trouble spots". I get it. Everyone is self conscious about something on their own body but we all have the power to overcome that and just rock who we are and what we look like with confidence.
I am sure you have heard the saying "abs are made in the kitchen" and despite the many series of hollow holds and v-ups I make you do, eating clean will be what helps those strong abs pop out. SO, on that note...what should we be eating?
I am not here to tell you what you should and should not eat, but just give insight into what I eat on a daily basis and my thought process behind that.
A Sample Day In the Life of Maddie:
- Wake up at 5:20
- Eat breakfast: 1 egg+egg whites, 1 piece of cinnamon raison Ezekiel bread (this is a new phase I am in but normally I don't eat bread!!!) and 1/2 of an avocado. I make my own delicious avocado toast
- Coach and/or workout until about 9:30-10:30 when I am ready to eat again.
- My mid morning snack is either: Best Bar Ever, KIND Bar, or some deli meat to tide me over until lunch. Oh, and definitely more coffee and water
- Mid day I either take a yoga class or more realistically have a long block of private clients so I eat a late lunch around 1:30-2:00pm
- Lunch: big salad with 8oz of grilled chicken breast or ground turkey meat, 1/2 avocado, and lots of olive oil and rice wine or apple cider vinegar. If there are veggies laying around I'll eat those too or throw them in my salad. I love La Croix so I tend to drink one of those at lunch too.
- Continue to coach until about 7:00pm so when I get home around 8:00pm I'll eat dinner similar to my lunch. Made up of meat, fats from oil or avocado, and lots of veggies or a big salad. Some nights I will also add a sweet potato or sweet potato fries (not the BEST option but a delicious one).
- Late night snack: I am in a snack obsession lately so I have been eating lots of "Skinny Pop" or other kinds of popcorn when I want something crunchy and let's not forget the chocolate I NEED every single day. That typically gets devoured when I am home at night.
I am a huge foodie. I love food, I love going out to eat, and I love trying new restaurants. On the weekends, I don't like to deprive myself and I'll order Hashbrown Eggs benedict with bacon and a side of waffles for brunch because I know that the rest of my life, I eat a clean and balanced diet.
I am not a big drinker, I don't like to obsess over food anymore, I don't count calories anymore, and I eat because my stomach is growling but then I focus my attention and my thoughts on everything else I want to accomplish that day.
I workout 5-7 times per week and 1-2 of those days is a yoga class. Otherwise I always follow the 202strong programming and I will drop into a different fitness studio to see what some of these trendy workouts are all about.
So, I hope that helps! I post some food pictures on Instagram (maddie202strong) and I am always open to emails and questions at any point!
However, if you want more guided advice, talk to Shannon, our Eatwell Coach. Some of her smallest suggestions made a huge difference for me!